This Frittata recipe is something I have been making a lot in quarantine. It is super simple and if I know I am going to have pasta for dinner, I like to have something lighter for lunch. I usually serve it with an arugula and parmesan salad on the side. I just made this up in the kitchen with no real structure. Feel free to add and play around with ingredients on what you are in the mood for and what is in season.
Prep time: 15 MCook time: 30 MTotal time: 45 M
- 1/2 Zucchini
- 1/2 Onion
- 1/4 cup Cheese (mozzarella or cheddar works great)
- 1/4 peppers
- 1/4 spinach
- You really have the creativity to mix whatever you wish inside.
- Make sure to spray the pan before putting in the egg. I made the mistake once and I hope I never do this again. I don’t have a big metal skilletwhich is ideal for a frittata. My sister makes it in a pyrex dish at home so that is where I got the idea.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Sauté your vegetables in a small pan on low/medium with a splash of olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Once the onions are translucent and cooked take the veggies off of the stove.
- Beat 8 eggs in a small bowl with a whisk. Add a tablespoon of milk and beat all together. Salt/pepper.
- I layer in the ingredients with the egg mixture. Add the eggs then the mixture and sprinkle cheese and repeat until the dish is full.
- Add the baking dish to the oven for about 30 minutes until it is golden brown on top and the sides.
- Remove and cool 5 minutes before serving. I like to serve it with an arugula salad or potatoes.
This post includes affiliate links. I make a small commission off of items purchased through my links. Merci!