Most mornings you can find me here with a cup of coffee. I start my days SUPER early! Today I am putting my first “out of the office” notice up on my email since I started my business in 2010. I am a very hands-on business owner and try to reply back promptly. The reason for the out of office reply? I am on my way to Havana, Cuba.
This blog is called Every Day Parisian and I completely understand if you are wondering why am I going to Cuba? It has been on my bucket list for years and Americans can finally go! I had to jump on the opportunity. I will be visiting Hemingway’s House and some of his local haunts in Havana and I can’t wait to share.
The Internet is not so easy to log into in Cuba so I decided it was best to put up an out of office reply and catch up on emails once I return. You won’t even notice I am gone because I have posts scheduled! I have been working hard behind the scenes to make sure I can feel good about taking time away.
Does anyone have a routine they carry out before they travel? I have a few things I always do before leaving the house.
1. I clean! This is probably the biggest and most important. I Swiffer, the do the laundry and take out the trash. I love coming home to a clean apartment.
2. I work out. I try to squeeze in a little studio time before I jump on a plane. It is really good for blood flow and I know my legs will be cramped the rest of the day.
3. Hydration. I start drinking extra water the minute I wake up and carry a bottle of water on the way to the airport. I rarely drink in flight unless there are bubbles 😉 I skip the juice and the alcohol. When I get up for bathroom breaks I will grab extra water on the way back to my seat.
4. Snacks! I am always hungry when I fly. It is a running joke with my family that I need to take food because I land hungry no matter what. This round I am bringing red vines, popcorn and peanut m and m’s. I have no idea if I will like the food in Cuba and if I will have time to grab a snack when I land.
5. Skincare. I always wear a Caudalie moisturizing mask when traveling for extra moisture so I don’t dry out. My skin is already dry and flying adds to it. I also love the Sisley-Paris eye contour mask! It is always in my carry on and gets rid of those under eye puffy circles. These two products really help me look refreshed when I land.