Along with my travels, I was able to have some pretty fabulous meals along the way which I felt needed their own blog post. I am not able to narrow them down in ranking of favorites but this list includes a few drinks and desserts along with some main dishes. My tastes continue to change and evolve and this will probably lead to me cooking more and exploring more recipes as I want to recreate some of these at home.
1. Let’s start with Breakfast at The Beverly Hills Hotel The Polo Lounge – I ordered the famous pancakes that did not disappoint. I have dreamt about these on numerous occasions since my trip to LA earlier this year.
2. Le Relais de L’entrecote This past week with my family I asked them their favorite meal of the year and my brother in law and sister both said the Steak Frites in Paris. We followed with profiterole for dessert. These have the perfect amount of hot chocolate and ice cream ratio and even if you are stuffed I highly recommending saying yes to the dessert menu.
3. Chez Andre – I have mentioned Chez Andre a few times this year. I found this spot by recommendation of a few friends. It is just classic French and the meal was of oysters, roast chicken, and french onion soup. The restaurant is cozy on a Winter’s night and great for people watching.
4. Breakfast at Caron de Beaumarchais – Three croissants, two yogurts, homemade confiture it was one of the best hotel breakfasts I have had and they brought it up to my room to be enjoyed.
5. An Aperol Spritz – This past year I spent 10 days in Italy where I found a Spritz on a hot Summer day to be the perfect afternoon drink. Add a cute square in Italy and it’s even better. I loved enjoying these in Capri and Positano.
6. Iced Cappuccino at Collina Bakery in Positano. My hotel offered cappuccino with the breakfast every morning but nothing was like the iced cappuccino I discovered at Collina on my walk to the beach. I made my way there every morning and towards the end of the trip, they knew my order without me saying anything. They had the friendliest staff and I can’t wait to go back next year.
7. Le Lulli of Grand Hôtel du Palais Royal – I have never had potatoes like this and the fish was out of this world. This would rank in my top 5 meals of 2016. I will be back in 2017 for more.
8. The Mozzarella Bar at Capri Michelangelo Three different fresh mozzarella choices with fresh basil, fresh olive oil and balsamic oil paired with fresh warm Italian bread.
9. Cleo – The restaurant in Le Narcisse Blanc I had the most amazing fish with fresh pomegranate
Charred tuna, cucumbers, guindillas, buttermilk
10. Le Sirenuse – This is by far one of the most memorable and delicious meals in 2016. The flavors were perfectly complemented by the wine selection recommended by the fabulous staff this may be my favorite meal of the year.